Thursday, April 21, 2011

Back to Back Cry-Fests

There is so much going on today I’m not sure how to process it all.  Blue called and we’ve had to reschedule our Europe trip for 2.5 weeks later than originally planned.  I’ve re-booked a plane ticket and attempted to re-book the tour and hotels that I’m most looking forward to.  If those work out I’ll move on to the rest.

Due to our new return date I will end up taking my first Lupron shot the night we get home…  For a type A person like me I know this will be a problem.  I will probably stress most of the trip about the following: Did my meds got there? Did my family/friends handle them correctly (most need to be refridgerated)?  What if we miss our flight and then I miss my first dose?  Will it be ok if I take 4 weeks of BC instead of 3?  If I have to take 3 then I will have AF during our trip…  And the thoughts jumble on.

Today I also have my first acupuncture appointment with my new acupuncturist who comes highly recommended from many people including SIF.  I’m excited for the appointment but any new appointment is stressful because I have to tell my story and as weepy as I’ve been lately who knows how much I’ll get out between sobs…

I booked an appointment for next week to see a shrink (reference the weepyness mentioned earlier.)  They called today to say they have a cancellation.  Naturally I took it, why not pile up all those tears in one day?  No need to prolong it.

Problem is that I need to leave in 20 minutes for my two back to back appointments and I do not feel mentally prepared.  I haven’t thought about what I will say to either of them.  I haven’t called Nurse Smiley about the new trip plans.  I haven’t re-booked 4 of the hotels I need to.  I’m overwhelmed.


Wish me luck for today, hopefully I can make it through both appointments with out having the proper amount of mental processing time that any type A control freak needs!

On a positive note during one of my hysterical crying binges the other night I called my sister who came over immediately (after a quick stop at blockbuster) with a copy of 10 Things I Hate About You.   This is one of our favorite high school movies ever, we also love Drive me Crazy and She’s all That.  Anyway, the point is that the movie worked and the waterworks stopped for 2 whole hours!  So today I ordered all those fabulous high school movies so that the next time I feel like my eyes might fall out if I cry one more tear I can just pop one in.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry you have so much to plan and change and deal with right now :( Hugs to you.

    I love that you call "her" nurse smilely. I call her nurse Alaska. I have NO clue what any other these people look like :) nurse smilely/alaska is such a nice woman. I feel so lucky to have her on my team.

    We are staying at the Kenai River Lodge. I wanted to stay and a B and B but I deciced to pick something simple and close. Hope to be out exploring Alaska as much as possible.

    I wish you the best of luck working out your trip change. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so lucky to have a sister you are close to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs to you...and I'm not a huggy person. I'm so sorry that you are feeling so blue, but I hope that the accupuncture and counseling helps. I know that for me, sometimes the change in routine and little extra support can push me through the rough patches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your trip, try to still relax and stay positive.
    How did your acupuncture appointment go, how did it make you feel, just curious, I have one scheduled in 3 weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hugs to you..
    i have awarded you with an award so pop past my new blog. xx

    ReplyDelete