I called Nurse Smiley. On her cell phone. (I'm still amazed I have a cell number to call and no longer have to talk to receptionists who have no idea what I'm talking about!) In order are my questions and the fabulous nurse's answers...
1. Me - The Desogen BC pills are terrible, here are the side effects I'm having : nausea, bloating, tender breasts, spotting (for 12 days straight). Can I please be switched to Apree, I've taken them and they work.
Nurse Smiley - OK, lets switch you. Doc, is it OK if she takes Apree instead? I'll fax in the prescription when we get off the phone.
2. Me - I'm stressing about what will happen if my complex cyst doesn't go away. Do I need to have another lap before retrieval? Another ultrasound before I start the lupron?
Nurse Smiley - Quit worrying! You don't need another lap, if the cyst hasn't gone away after the first ultrasound we'll just aspirate it during retrieval in a different catheter than the follicles.
Me - Will it take up room on my ovary for good follies to grow?
Nurse Smiley - Quit worrying! No, it will be fine, we see this all the time. The important part is just not mixing the fluid in the cyst with the eggs, which we'll be ready for.
3. Me - Schedule? Blue gets home beginning of May, we'll be in Europe May 14th - June 4th. When should I start what?
Nurse Smiley - Here's the plan.
- Stop BC pills 5/31
- Start Lupron 6/21
- Pre-ultrasound check for ovarian suppression 6/23
- Stop BC pills 6/25
- Start Follistim 6/30
- Possible egg retrieval! 7/9
- Possible D5 Transfer! 7/14
- Potential early test date 7/23