Thursday, December 16, 2010

POAS

For those of you who don't speak in all acronyms like we infertiles do, POAS means pee on a stick (home pregnancy test or ovulation predictor kit).  Most of us infertiles are addicted to POAS, even though we are used to getting negatives we keep holding on to the hope for a positive.  DH and I have been TTC (trying to conceive) for a little over a year and a half and in that time I've probably spent hundreds of dollars to POAS and never even saw a smidgen of a line until last month.  But even that turned out to be a cruel trick played by a box of blue dye tests, lesson learned, no blue dye tests EVER AGAIN! 

I'm torn about POAS because I would rather have AF (aunt Flo) show up than get a negative, but if I am pregnant I want to know as soon as is humanly possible.... so this leaves me at a cross roads which always ends with me POAS. 

This month DH and I went on vacation so we decided to relax on the whole TTC thing.  I didn't temp or even use OPKs, so a I have no idea when I Oed.  This is my second month taking clomid (cycle days 3-7) and last month I Oed on CD16 so even though with out clomid I normally O sooner I decided to use that as the day I Oed this month.  Based on that I will be 10 days past O tomorrow morning which is the earliest I'll let myself POAS.  I'm secretly hoping that I'm really 14 DPO and it will be a blazingly beautiful BFP (big fat positive, or for me: big f-ing positive, or negative because either one is a big deal). 

Anyway, there are thoughts on POAS. 

No comments:

Post a Comment