Thursday, July 14, 2011

Blue makes me laugh

The last box I needed to check to guarantee IVF in Vegas wouldn’t be cancelled was a sonohystogram.  I explained it to Blue and told him I would appreciate if he came.  I’ve been feeling really alone and I wanted him to be more involved in all of the IVF stuff this time around.

I started to feel really sad when we were sitting in the lobby because it doesn’t seem fair that this is the third sonogram he’s seen and most males never see one until they’re looking at their child.

Then I started crying because I saw a child sized chair.  Luckily this was crocodile tears rather than the sobbing I’ve been doing lately.

Finally we got called in and when I was sitting bottomless on the table Blue looked at me questioningly and asked “so they’re going to put water in your vagina?”  I’m still laughing just thinking about it!  I try so hard to explain this stuff to him but it never seems to sink in. 

The procedure started and I made jokes with the doctor and ultrasound tech because I didn’t have any other choice.  If I didn’t laugh I’d cry, so I chose to laugh.  The procedure went fine, no polyps or fibroids.

On the way home I cried and Blue looked confused.  Finally he said, “but I thought you were feeling better.  You laughed with the doctor.”   

I guess we’ll never completely understand each other….

8 comments:

  1. Hooray for hubbies and for a good HSG! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Husband's say the darndest things. And they are sooo cuuute. ;)

    Thanks for this post, I laughed so hard I nearly peed. Wishing you the best of luck for your coming IVF. Fingers and toes crossed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fact that he tries to know how you're feeling counts for something. It's hard for them to understand since it's so much more complicated for us. Sometimes I think a freaky friday type switch would help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post really makes me feel reassured. My husband, as hard as he tries, never gets it. He is there to support me but doesn't know what I need and is constantly confused. I keep telling him, all that matters is that his heart is in the right place but sometimes I feel very alone. Take care of yourself, and congrats on being one step closer. I absolutely hate sonograms, and cried tears of joy when my dr. told me I never needed to do another one again, after my last one. Thanks for the post on my blog and the positive thoughts. I am also thinking of you and your upcoming cycle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, that was a really good story. It captures the differences between us and our DH's. Sending you hugs and luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, poor clueless DHs! **HUGS** At least everything checked out ok though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry that you've been feeling glum lately. This whole process is so emotionally draining, it catches up sometimes. I love that you were able to laugh instead of cry during the procedure. And I love that dear Blue is as clueless as The Prince about these things (we've has the same exact conversation you described above on more occasions than I can count). I'm really happy for you that the test turned out well and I can't wait to be here, watching your journey, when your happily ever after comes up to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awe... Poor Blue, he's trying!

    And I can't tell you how many times I've been reduced to tears in a waiting room my friend. I really think there should be separate waiting rooms for infertiles and for breeders. There’s just nothing more painful than having to see a pregnant woman (or 2) while you're waiting to be told yet another reason why you may not ever conceive.

    All that to say - Blue may not always get you, but when he doesn’t, I'm always here!

    ReplyDelete