Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Chew Phone...

I re-read my latest post and I realize I sound a little ungrateful.  I want to apologize to all of you still out their fighting the battle.  I will try harder to be sensitive in the future, but I just want you to know that sometimes I forget that I’m not still in the trenches too. 

I know stressing is inevitable but I’m going back to the attitude I had while PUPO:  This may be it, my only time to be blissfully pregnant, so I’m going to enjoy it!

So, on that note, here are my current symptoms, all of which make me smile and cringe simultaneously! 

  • Nausea that is very affected by smells.  For example, I’m in the field right now for work (middle-of-no-where Alaska, about a 2 hour flight from civilization) and my cell phone doesn’t work so I have to use the land line in the room I’m staying, apparently the guy who lives there chews tobacco because the phone smells so strongly I gag as soon as it  comes anywhere near my face!  I have alcohol swabbed the phone and everything but it is still too stinky to use.  I have barely talked to Blue in 4 days because I can’t bring myself to use the chew phone…
  • Peeing all the time.  I’m probably peeing twice as often as normal.
  • Crampy but different than AF cramps (thank GOD!) more like it feels to have a full bladder?...
  • Strange cravings.  Today for a snack I had a cup of chili, I really wanted fresh onions on it so I went to the salad bar to get them and noticed potato salad, it looked so good I plopped a scoop into my chili.  It was delicious.

5 comments:

  1. Pregnancy can have the most wonderfully annoying symptoms... esp. nausea - that's what I always found the hardest and makes any smell overpowering... but it does ease up :)) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the worry is totally normal friend. Even more so, given what you've had to go through to get here. Don't begrudge yourself that. You're allowed to worry. But you're also allowed to rejoice in this every single chance you get too!

    And I hate your stupid chew phone. HATE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you're PG and love the fact that you're having symptoms!! Hope this ends up to be the happiest, healthiest 9 months of your life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you! Hope you are well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally getting a BFP after years of dealing with IF is a very strange thing and there are no 'right' emotions or 'right' way to wrap your head around all of it. My husband and I struggled for three years before getting pregnant and I am now 20 weeks. I was all sorts of an emotional roller coaster from day one. I finally decided that I would embrace every single minute for as long as I can. So far, so good. But I had many moments where I thought 'this is just too good to be true'. Not to mention that my ONLY symptom was sheer exhaustion. No reassuring nausea, no food cravings or aversions, nothing, nada.
    So I say, be blissfully pregnant and enjoy every second of it. Easy to say when I've been lucky enough to not be sick. But I completely know where you are coming from. Congratulations and best wishes!

    ReplyDelete