Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Someone is looking out for me

Now that you’ve heard the non-IF version of our trip, I’ll fill you in on the IF parts!

When we took off for Europe, on May 31st, I was expecting AF to show within a few days.  Nurse smiley and I agreed on a plan: AF would show, I’d restart BCPs on day 1 and then stop them so that AF would start two days before we got home.  I would get blood drawn as soon as we got home (CD3) for the antimullarian hormone panel.

So not only did I just have a failed IVF cycle but I knew I’d have to deal with AF two times on the vacation of a lifetime!  I had decided to eat gluten and dairy on the trip also, which made me worry about the pain factor.

We took off on our trip (with loads of La.cta.id, Ce.leb.rex and tampons.)  AF didn’t show, didn’t show, etc.  By about the 6th day of the trip I was starting to get that false sense of hope that comes along with IF.  I was saying out loud to Blue, “I know I’m not pregnant”, but inside I was saying, “maybe I’m pregnant?...”  I broke down in the Florence train station and bought a HPT. 

The first thing I did in Venice was get a BFN.

I got pretty down in the dumps, poor me, etc.  Finally the excitement of the trip won out and I ignored the fact that AF hadn’t shown.  By the time we got to Prague AF was really late and I was starting to get mad thinking I would need to jump start my period with Pro.ver.a. 

Instead, AF showed on Sunday night Prague time (Sunday Morning AK time).  The perfect time so that CD3 fell on the day we got home.  If AF would have showed 1 day earlier we would have been delayed a whole month (or two) for IVF 1.5!

The two AF days that fell in the trip were BRUTAL, but that’s a story for another day.  For now I will leave you with this thought: someone is looking out for me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad that it all worked out for you. I know how stressful it can be when you are waiting for AF and it doesn't show. In fact...it seems like AF makes a point of not showing when you want it to.

    ReplyDelete